Mary’s rizogalo has the perfect combination of al-dente rice bathed in sweet, creamy milk and seasoned of course with cinnamon. It is simple and delicious and you will definitely want to add this to your cooking repertoire! Watch the full video below. Thank you for subscribing to my YouTube channel!
½ cup medium grain rice
1 cup water
3 ½ cups milk
2 level tablespoons cornflour
½ cup caster sugar
Cinnamon for dusting
- Add the rice and water to a medium sized pot. Bring to the boil and continue to boil till almost all of the water is absorbed
- Dissolve the cornflour in ½ cup of milk and add this to the pot, along with the remaining 3 cups of milk
- Add the sugar to the pot
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer
- Simmer the rizogalo, while stirring continuously, until the milk thickens and the rice is cooked to almost al dente
- Using a ladle, divide the rizogalo evenly between four small bowls
- Dust with cinnamon and allow to cool and set for an hour or so
- Enjoy this creamy, rice delight for breakfast, for a sweet dinner or dessert!!